There are key decisions that one has to make in order to make the most of one’s life, and one of these key decisions is choosing the right type of career to pursue in order to make the most of one’s life. Choosing the right career path may seem like a daunting task, especially when there are so many to choose from.
Are you ever considering a career in industrial machinery/components as a possible career choice in the future? This is one of the career paths that has seen rapid growth in recent years due to the increasing influence that technology has had on this sector.
In nearly every aspect of the industry, technology advancements are having a significant impact. Manufacturers are using a variety of methods to satisfy the needs of their customers in order to meet their needs. Additionally, the changes are causing manufacturers to employ smart workers and to invest in new equipment so that they can deliver quality products and services to their clients.
It is a fact that the industry is experiencing rapid growth as a result of the rapid changes. An employee with relevant skills is likely to earn a lot of money. Additionally, because of the advancement in technology, there are also opportunities for new entrants to enter the market.
Those interested in this industry but do not know exactly what it entails might want to read this article to discover what that entails. In order to help you find what you are looking for, we have the right information. Check out the key information we provide about this industry in the following paragraphs.
What Is Industrial Machinery/Component?
In order to ensure the proper maintenance of other industries, the industrial machinery and components industry is an essential sector that facilitates the smooth operation of other industries. Those in this industry are responsible for the repair and maintenance of machinery in factories and other settings where machines are used.
Aside from that, all the different kinds of equipment that can be found in an industrial setting can be considered as part of this industry. Basically, in order for any other industry to function efficiently, it will be necessary to have the support of this industry in maintaining their machinery in the first place.
Is Industrial Machinery/Components A Good Career Path?
It is a fact that when you take a close look at what this industry does, you may wonder, “Is industrial machinery and component manufacturing a good career path for me?”?” Well, the answer is not as complicated as you might think. There is no doubt that it is a good career path to follow.
As a result of this industry, there are many opportunities that can be taken advantage of. Due to the changing technology in the industry, one is exposed to the acquisition of new skills and the improvement of existing skills as a result of working in the industry.
The industry is made up of a number of different branches. Therefore, one is able to take advantage of diverse opportunities that are available in various fields. The area of practice you can practice is not limited to one area, which may limit your capabilities in other areas of the practice.
How does the Industrial Machinery/Component Industry Divide?
Getting a better understanding of the industrial machinery industry and components can make the process easier. There are a number of branches in this area, including:
- A work environment that involves industrial machinery
- The service and commercial industries manufacture a wide range of products
- Manufacturing of air conditioning, heating, and ventilation equipment
- Agricultural, construction, and mining machinery are some of the most important sectors in this industry
- Manufacture of transmissions, engines, and turbines for power transmissions and engines
- Machinery for the metalworking industry
What is the Average Salary For Jobs In The Industrial Machinery/Component Industry?
- A career in these fields is considered to be a promising career with a good salary and a positive outlook, according to the Bureau of labor statistics (BLS). The salaries of 10% of the highest workers are around $80,000, while those of 10% of the lowest workers are $38,200.
- Depending on the industry, the location, and the qualifications of the workers, the average salary will vary depending on the branch of the industry. In accordance with the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary in the United States is as follows:
- Installers and repairers of electrical and electronic equipment – $61,600
- Workers in metal and plastic machine shops – $38,270
- Industry machinery mechanics -$59,380
- Machinery maintenance workers -$59,380
- Millwrights -$59,380
- Industrial Analysts -$93,000
- Technical Education teachers -$61,160
- Industrial designers -$77,030
- Industrial conveyor belt repairers -$59,380
- Industrial electrical technology instructors -$61,160
- Industrial engineering professor -$79,640
- Industrial engineering technologists and technicians -$60,220
- Occupational safety and health technicians and specialists -$74,870
- Industrial Production manager -$103,150
- Administrative facilities and services manager -$99,290
- Industrial robotics mechanics -$61,760
- Waste And Water Treatment System Operators -$47,880
In the field of industrial machinery/components, what are the current employment statistics?
- In this industry, there are a wide range of job opportunities available. In this industry, there are several branches that form a very important part of the economy of the nation that make up this industry. As a result of technological advancements, those who are interested in these fields are being able to take advantage of more opportunities available to them.
- Let’s take a look at some of the most lucrative sectors of the industrial machinery and component industry where you can earn a good salary and make a nice living.
Mechanic of industrial machinery
- Mechanics in the industrial machinery industry are experts in the field of fixing technical problems with machines using specialized and professional skills. Besides repairing and maintaining industrial machines and production machinery, they also perform maintenance on them.
- It is estimated that the average salary for this position is $59,380 per year. Manufacturing facilities are the largest employer of industrial machinery mechanics in the country. As well as construction and wholesale trade, there are other employers in these sectors.
- If you want to work on a sophisticated machine, you need to possess mechanical and troubleshooting skills. It is also essential for this category of workers to have excellent hand-eye coordination and steady hands which are very important skills.
Manager of Industrial Product Development
- As a product manager for a company, one of the main responsibilities of this role is to plan as well as coordinate the daily activities of the company. It is his responsibility to ensure that the manufacturing company functions smoothly and that the products are produced in a timely manner.
- It has been reported that the average salary for this position is $103,150 per year. Industrial product managers are usually required to have at least ten years of experience in order to be considered for a job. Prior to applying for a job, a person would need to be able to demonstrate a successful track record of the firms he managed previously.
Engineers who specialize in the maintenance of machinery
- It is the responsibility of machinery maintenance engineers to maintain and repair machinery to ensure that production is productive and efficient. To ensure that the machine is working properly and is in good working condition, these professionals carry out routine and periodic tests.
- There is an average salary of $59,380 per year for employees working in this field. They plan maintenance schedules for machines so that they can be maintained on a regular basis. It is expected of job applicants to possess a degree certificate in the field in which they wish to work.
The millwright’s profession
- A millwright is a person who installs, assembles, and disassembles the machinery that is used in the production process. Additionally, they are also responsible for moving the machines both inside and outside of the factory from one place to another. In the industry, it is not uncommon for tasks to be completed within a week or more.
- It is estimated that the average salary for these jobs is $59,300 per year. In most cases, millwrights are employed as full-time employees by their employers. In addition to working weekends and overnight shifts, some of them also work on holidays.
- It is recommended that the candidate has a high school diploma in the field in which they are interested. There are also employers who accept equivalent qualifications as well. There are certain safety precautions that need to be observed during operation by the employees.
Designers of industrial products
- During the time of industrial design, engineers and business people must work together in order to be able to achieve a successful result for the company. They are the ones who come up with the concepts and the structure of the product as well.
- It is estimated that the average salary for this position is $77,130 per year. Their role is crucial in the manufacturing sector because they are responsible for product design. Offices are where they spend most of their time. In addition to visiting design centers, exhibition sites, and users’ homes, they also travel to design centers.